Thursday, April 29, 2010

Homecoming

What was your overall impression of the book? Would you recommend this book to others?

8 comments:

  1. Did Gram's reaction to the kids surprise you? Do you think Dicey did the right thing by not telling people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes because when she took Dicey to the dock to find James, Maybeth and Sammy, she must have cared about them a little. I also think Dicey did the right thing by not telling people they were alone because then every town they had visited would probably know about their mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the book a lot and thought it was interesting. I definetly recommend this to others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, Gram's reaction did not surprise me, because when Dicey described her angry face from the photograph, I had a feeling that she would still be angry and stubborn. I could go both ways on Dicey's decision. I think Dicey should have told at least somebody, because thay might have been able to help her, but i also think she could haver made a good decision too, because someone could have tried to hurt tham, like the mean old man on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The reaction from Gram's to the kids didn't really surprise me. Though I thought is wasn't right to for Dicey not to tell anyone. I think it would be easier to get to their aunt and grandmother is to ask for help. Overall I thought the bokk was good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gram's reaction didn't surprise me that much. also, I think Dicey was smart by not telling anyone. The people might take them away and send them to foster homes. Homecoming is a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed reading the book. It was a really interesting book. I would definitely recommend this to others. I think others would enjoy it. Gram's reaction to the kids didn't really surprise me. I could understand how she felt when she first saw them, and how she felt when she decided to keep them. I think Dicey did do the right thing in some ways by not telling people, but in other ways she didn't. She did the right thing by not telling people she was alone because it helped her family to not get put into a foster home or an orphanage or some place like that. But she didn't do the right thing also because if she had told the police that they needed help earlier than when the police found out, the police could have helped her way sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes,Gram's reaction to the kids did surprise me. I thought she might be more gentle and loving, like a grandmother. I thinkt that Dicey did do the right thing by not telling anybody because then the kids probably would have been split up and put in foster care. I REALLY enjoyed reading this book!

    ReplyDelete

Blogs in Plain English

Why Let Students Blog