Thursday, November 5, 2009

Parents' Picks

Ask Mom and Dad what books they liked when they were your age. You can post their responses or get them to join us. Parents, you may use your names since you are over 18.

10 comments:

  1. I can't remember what a couple of the books are called, but I think one of the books my mom used to love was called "Hush, Hush its sleepy time". I can tell because it is abused with the cover off and the page ripped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad always used to tell me that he read books by an author called Enid Blyton. My Dad read almost all of her books, such as The Famous Five series. He also read a lot of the Sherlock Holmes books, such as The Hound of Baskerville. He also liked comic books like The Adventures of Tin Tin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom read the book A Scarlett Letter in 8th grade. She liked the book because it is a historical fiction dealing with Puritan New England. My mom had always like books that are centered aroung history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom like told me that her favorite book called The Bobsey Twins at Pilgrimrock and she read it in 4th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom told me that her favorite books were the Judy Bloom series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom didn't have a specific favorite book, but my mom love mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom liked "A Wrinkle In Time" and "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" when she was my age. She told me she liked all fantasy books. My Dad couldn't remember a book, but he loved getting "Boys Life" magazine. He said he looked forward to getting it every month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom liked the series of someone named James Pattenson... I think

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom liked the books Harriett the Spy, Misty of Chincoteaugue, Island of the Blue Dolphins, and the Nancy Drew series. I have read all of these classics, and I really like them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dad doesn't have any specific books he enjoys but he told me that he loved mystery and action books just like me. My mom also doesn't have any specific books she loves but she told me she loved fantasy books that had happy endings.

    ReplyDelete

Blogs in Plain English

Why Let Students Blog