This is a place for Mrs. Shaffer's students to interact, imagine, and inspire!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Books That Bored Us
Okay, I admit it... Even I sometimes get bored by books. What books/stories bored you? You can think way back to books you read in first grade, or of something we read in class last week.
No offense, but I think knights7849 is badly oppionated...that book was really good! I think Twilight is an awful, awful book, and it can get really really boring. Plus it has no point, and the author is bad...
I think the Nancy Drew series books (at times, only) can be pretty tedious to read. ALSO, never judge Harry Potter until you've read them cover to cover, 1st to 7th.
Books that bore me are books that don't have a very good storline, or no storyline. I also don't like books that are ones that are hard to follow, or hard to understand.
I am sorry, but my Mystery Book Project book, 'Nation' is very very very hard to get into, but I am reading it anyway. I know when a book is boring because I end up skimming over them and I have to reread the book and it is just bad.
Let's see.. I though that this book called So You Want to Be a Wizard.. was pretty boring. It was also wicked confusing, but I be that was because it's a 500 page book and I tried reading it in third grade!
Most books that bore me are books that are made up of short stories, or short story collections. The stories are very short and aren't very interesting.
All the manga books--backwards japanese books--inparticular are very bad, and boring. For example I read a Kingdom of Hearts manga and it was terrible.
A book that really bores me is the Harry Potter series I don't really get the point. The movies on the other hand are really cool with the special effects.
1. Click on the "comments" button under the post to which you are responding. The number of current comments will be there, too. (ex: 5 comments) 2. Type your comment in the "Leave Your Comment" box. 3. Under "Choose an Identity" click the "Name/URL" button. 4. Next to "Name" type in your student name & number assigned by the teacher. Do NOT type in your name. 5. Click "Publish Your Comment." 6. All done!
Blogging Rules for Digital Citizens
1. Our school is represented in this blog, so all school rules apply. 2. Your comments are public, so make sure you only write what you are prepared for others to read. 3. Always show respect to the authors of posts and comments. 4. Use your "student number" to submit a comment. NEVER use your name. 5. Including personal information about yourself on any blog is unsafe and forbidden. 6. All comments will be moderated by Ms. McErlean prior to posting on this blog. 7. Have fun blogging and remember to be a good DIGITAL CITIZEN!
One that comes to my mind is Artemis Fowl. I know lots of you love it, but I had trouble getting into it.
ReplyDeleteOne book that bores me is Soldier X. I didn't think that it was a very good book.
ReplyDeleteWalk Two Moons! Wasn't good even once you got into it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe most boring book ever was Little House on a Prarie,I read it just for fun cause I was bored, but after the 1st chapter, I was asleep.
ReplyDeleteTwo book series I get bored with are Harry Potter and Twighlight.
ReplyDeleteOne book I couldnt get into was the Thirty-Nine Cloose book. It was poorly writen and was really boreing
ReplyDeleteNo offense, but I think knights7849 is badly oppionated...that book was really good! I think Twilight is an awful, awful book, and it can get really really boring. Plus it has no point, and the author is bad...
ReplyDeleteA book series that seriously bores me is the Hardy Boys series. Ironically, I like the Nancy Drew series. Isn't that funny?
ReplyDeleteI think Harry Potter is a boring book! It's like let me use my magical stick to create a potion.
ReplyDeleteThe Warrior series...
ReplyDelete....
....
BORINGBORINGBORING!!!!!!!!!
I despise the Twilight series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree knights9941 I thik Harry Potter books are boring
ReplyDeleteI think the Nancy Drew series books (at times, only) can be pretty tedious to read. ALSO, never judge Harry Potter until you've read them cover to cover, 1st to 7th.
ReplyDeleteI agree with knights 9411. Twilight is not interesting at all and there is no point of it! There is nothing to really say about it!
ReplyDeleteI know that the Harry Potter series is good for some people, but I still can't get through the first book.
ReplyDeleteAdding on to my original messege, Twighlight... Vampires... no point!!!
ReplyDeleteA book that really bored me was Indian Captive. It takes forever to get interesting and I don't know if it ever does because I couldn't get that far.
ReplyDeleteHarry Potter books really bore me at times. they are exicting but also most of the parts are really boring.
ReplyDeleteBooks that bore me are books that don't have a very good storline, or no storyline. I also don't like books that are ones that are hard to follow, or hard to understand.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry, but my Mystery Book Project book, 'Nation' is very very very hard to get into, but I am reading it anyway. I know when a book is boring because I end up skimming over them and I have to reread the book and it is just bad.
ReplyDeleteLet's see.. I though that this book called So You Want to Be a Wizard.. was pretty boring. It was also wicked confusing, but I be that was because it's a 500 page book and I tried reading it in third grade!
ReplyDeleteI dislike....Harry Potter! I couldn't get through the first book!
ReplyDeleteMost books that bore me are books that are made up of short stories, or short story collections. The stories are very short and aren't very interesting.
ReplyDeleteAll the manga books--backwards japanese books--inparticular are very bad, and boring.
ReplyDeleteFor example I read a Kingdom of Hearts manga and it was terrible.
A book that really bores me is the Harry Potter series I don't really get the point. The movies on the other hand are really cool with the special effects.
ReplyDelete