Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Movies About Novels

Many great books are turned into movies. Some of them are just as good (or even better!) than the novel, while others are so bad that they make fans of the novel cringe. What movies based on books have you seen that are good? Bad? Are there any books that you think SHOULD be made into movies?

29 comments:

  1. I thought the movie for Bridge to Terabithia was terrible! The book by Katherine Patterson was much better. I think that the film missed some extraordinary scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Where the Wild Things Are was a great movie!! I think the movie was better (maybe just for me)than the book because it helps me picture what is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that the Harry Potter movies weren't like the book. I read the whole seris and I watched all the movies that are all out for the seris, but I always thought the books were better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with knights5968. The movies aren't anyhting like the book. They miss some of the important scenes and even events-and then they add unneccessary scenes. The books rock, and are very interesting and adventurous. (Talking about Harry Potter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holes was a completely different story in the movie than in the book. The movie was still okay, but I think that the book was a whole lot better than the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with knights5968 and knights9444 about the Harry Potter books. The books were so much more detailed and the movies missed really important scences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prince Caspian was a great book but the movie was terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with knights9444 books are not like the movies. The books are more interesting. I think the book Dragon Rider should be a movie. I can't wait for the Percy Jackson movie to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the should make Gregor The Overlander into a movie. It is a really good book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Lightning Thief was a great book. I can't what untill it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought the movie about The Alex series book,Stormbreaker was horibble. They left out some of the best parts of the book. I couldn't believe it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that the movie Up was pretty good. Maybe they could make Diary of a Wimpy Kid a movie and use real people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the Percy Jackson Series will be a great movie when it comes out in 2010, I think October 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Twilight movie deleted too many scenes from the book! But I think New moon will be better because in many parts of the book there is very little action.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a reminder, you should capitalize important words in titles as well as the pronoun "I."

    ReplyDelete
  16. I believe the Lightning Thief will be a great movie when it comes out( I am a huge fan of the Percy Jackson series). The book was a masterpiece, and I would like to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with all of the people who said the movies in the Harry Potter series are a lot different from the book. The movies are still good, but if compared to the book, they aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to love the book Where the Wild Things Are. I saw the movie last week and it wasn't very good. The movie didn't really have a plot. I think that the Percy Jackson series should come out as a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agre with knights5968 Harry Potter movies are nothing like the books. The books were really deatailed and they were exellent.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Zach's Lie, Jack's Run, Hoot, Flush, And... Whats the other one in the Hoot/Flush series?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think that the first book in the Keys to the Kingdom series should be a movie because the book was a very amusing book.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad that Where the Wild Things Are book is being made into a movie! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really think that good movies like Titanic, Taken, movies like that should be made into books! The books I read are very good but it would make me extremely happy to read a book like the movies I mentioned above. And I'm sure a lot of others would enjoys books like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think that the percy jacksons series and the grrey griffins series should be made into movies!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All of the Harry Potter books are great, but the movies are worse because in the Goblet of Fire HArry doesn't even see the Sphinx in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  26. i think that Diary of a Whimpy Kid should be turned into a movie. I heard a rumer that it actually is getting turned into one big movie! i agree with Ms. McErlean i think Bridge to Terribithia is terrible how that girl dies. I have to admit I CRIED

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think the movie Bridge to Terribithia was terrible, even if not compared to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think that someone should turn the books from the seires of Prydain into a movie they are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I disagree with knights9923 because they were pretty close to the book. You probably pictured it wrong, and knights7849, the third book is Scat. I liked Hoot.

    ReplyDelete

Blogs in Plain English

Why Let Students Blog